Saturday, August 22, 2015

Life is About my Ekierra and Makayla

As a Mom of two very amazing little girls, I feel it's my duty to do everything I can to look out for them. So this blog is a documentation of all those things. Hopefully when they are older and angry at me over something silly, I can show them this and they will understand why I made the choices I did.

I won't be sharing on showing them here, though I know that's the big thing on a lot of mommy blogs. I don't want it to turn into a Facebook stream.

What I really want is to just keep a record of things that I have done and have thought about doing in order to benefit my babies, even if it doesn't do anything directly beneficially for me. Maybe it even goes against what I personal believe or want at the time.

I guess the word for what I am trying to explain would be sacrifice. Sometimes you need to sacrifice your own wants in order to help or give those your love a better life.

That is what being a parent means. That is what being a mom means.

So, here is the beginning of my documented diary of sacrifice.  I hope one day Ekierra and Makayla will not only understand all the sacrifices that I have and will make for them, but maybe one day they will be able to do the same for their children.


No comments:

Post a Comment